Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First time REALLY 4 wheeling!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Heavymetal, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well today was the first time I have used my burb for any real 4 wheeling!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Oh sure I've had it off road for camping and such, but never anything a 2wd couldn't do. I was going to go up to TSF with the Oregon Bushhackers group today, but didn't get up in time. So around noon I headed up with my wife and two kids in the rig. Once I got there, an OBH'er quadin for the day, reccomended fire break 5 to me. So I headed for that. Once I got to the bottom of the run I looked up and thought this guy must be kidding!/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif This boulder strewn hill looked like j**p only to me! ( I am very inexperienced) But I said what the hell, and up I went. And I am proud to say I made it all the way to the top with no lockers, street tire presure, and all terrain tires! I even forgot to disco my swaybar! I was totally amazed. It was one bumpy ride, and I ended up with a big gash on one of my rims, but I am totally stoked to know my rig can actually do what it did!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif I can't wait to do some more runs! I will however be buying some swampers as I do not want to trash my BFG's any more. Sorry just had to share!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks for listening.

Mike.

2. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Im glad you finally made it out and had fun Lets see Obhers quadin for the day that would be Dan Patrick possible co pilot with me. He used to have a serious 77 Blazer

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

awesome HM!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif there are some super tight spots in various places in TSF... that the burb prolly couldnt make it through, but there are also plenty of places for us full size guys to drive. Glad you had good times! Is it time for x-over yet? need some machined D44 knuckles? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

4. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    Sounds like you had some fun and didnt do too much damage. Thats alwasy the key for me. No doubt i will damage something a little just about every time i go out, just a matter of how severe the damage is.

P.S. Do yourself a favor and dont learn the hard way not to go wheeling alone.

Sparky

5. Heavymetal

Yea, it was Dan. I didn't see anyone else I reconized up there. The only other chevy I saw was a first gen blazer.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Mike.

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Right on Mikey................good stuff. Me no go either............/forums/images/icons/mad.gif

7. Heavymetal

I know better than to wheel alone, but I can't go next week-end and I had to get out of the house. Hopefully next time a couple of you guys will go with me and show me around./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Mike.

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif glad you got to do some wheeling /forums/images/icons/smile.gif i didnt get to make it today because i found out yesterday i need to do some trimming to the rear fenders lol but i will be going next weekend /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and will be going more so im sure we can make a time when you can go as well /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Heavymetal

Lookin foward to it.

Mike.