Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First timer on 4x4 brakes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by flyguy33, Jul 27, 2003.

1. flyguy33

flyguy33 Registered Member

Hey guys
    I'm goin to do a brake job on the front, I've done regular jobs on cars before...My only question is how do I start off?? I've got it up on lifts right now and have the first couple of pieces of the lockers off ( has manual locking hubs) only the cover and the spring...and I have taken off the caliper and pads. Now how do I take off the rotor do I have to get a puller for the hub part or what?? It looks a little odd to me so please bare with me... From there does everything else just come off??
    Thanx for your help guys
    84 Chevy Blazer
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

No puller is necessary. If you don't have a spanner socket for it, then go to the parts store, and pick up a manual for your application too.

Seeing the pics and having that 4 toothed socket will make it a breeze. Get some good Hi Temp marine grade grease to repack things with, and a new roll of paper towels, as there is a LOT of grease in there to clean out.