Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

first trip out! INEED FENDER TRIMMING!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Jun 5, 2005.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all here are some pics of my 79 blazer that I bought for $1700. I think I got a pretty good deal considering it came with a 350ho 330hp vortec crate motor, allready had a lift (not much only 2.5") and 33s locking hubs, part time 203 and the body is in pretty good shape, probably not for long :D . So far I have swapped in a skye shackle reverse, 3.73 gears, lockright, extra long brake lines, 14" travel shock (only have the rear done) a new 7" travel driveshaft, some old style mags 10x15 that I paintd gunmetal to replace the black steel d spoke 8x15s, an ok stereo system, and a bunch of other little things that I cant remember right now.
    Anyways I took it out for the first time over the weekend and only had a couple minor problems, one of my shock bolts came loose, tail lights stoped working, blew a fuel line(need to replace rubber with metal) and the front fenders need some trimming as noted by the tore up chrome and slightly beny fender. Any info or tricks on trimming these fenders?

BLAZER1.jpg

BLAZE2.jpg

VORTEC1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Looks pretty good. Sounds like you got a helluva deal!!! :woot: :D

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That's a nice looking K5. Is this one of the fuel lines that need replaced?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  4. moturbopar

Actually that line doesnt do anything. I just have that hooked up since emissions requires that the return line to be hooked up. Its blocked off and no fuel travels through it hoping that no one noticed it just hangs off my fuel pressure regulator :D . But basically all the rubber fuel ine needs to be replaced with hard lines, never trusted rubber ones near the engine or exhaust.

5. moturbopar

I have searched, but only found a little info about trimming the fenders. I was wondering if anyone here has some links or info on how and what to use to trim the fenders without distorting the metal too bad, also if you have some pics of your trimming please let me see them need some ideas on what looks good.

Thanks
    Shawn

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

7. moturbopar

Thanks, As many times that I have looked a the tech section I have never noticed that. :o

8. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

How come I never come across deals like that? You suck. :grin: Just jokin, good score! ;)