Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First tuff truck race and it ends up on it's lid

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by white_knight, Jul 20, 2004.

1. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

First tuff truck race and it ends up on it\'s lid

We went to Carstairs on Sunday to try our hand at our first tuff truck .We were trying a cantilever stabilizer put together the day before .The track was really tight for a big truck. The start had a jump and a sharp left turn right after the jump with some woopie doos, more sharp turns, weaving through some huge tractor tires, another jump , corner and ended with a small mud run. The weaving through the tires was really tight. The carb wasn't set right so the truck didn't run very well. Fuel injection is definitely in the plans. I had a hard time following the track, couldn't really see the tires. I drove the first run. I made it to the tractor tires , missed a turn and drove over one of the tires. I lost track of where the course went and missed another turn. Had to back up and take the turn. Finished the course and then found out I was dq'd when I went through the tires. It was a hoot. That should have been the practice run /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif .They redid the track at intermission, changing the slope on the first jump.Robin came up to me and said he was going to beat me and so ........he arms the nitrous........
    takes the first jump. Gets some descent air and completely misses the sharp left. He overshot it and ended up at the finish line doing the mud and track in reverse order. He got dq'd right then. Finally gets back on the track................and gets to the tractor tires , hits the pedal hard a couple of seconds too soon going around them and puts it on it's lid . Cage held up.
    Nothing broke on the truck.. just sheet metal. Roof, Hood, 2 fenders, door and cab. I don't think we'll be putting sheet metal back. We'll see what we come up with this winter. Yet.... another version for 2005. Will run it as is for the rest of the season. We had a great time and definitely intend to do this again.

Pics and vid

http://www.whiteknight.ca/carstairstufftruck03_whiteknight.htm

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: First tuff truck race and it ends up on it\'s lid

Great stuff............

Didn't you do TTC this year? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. white_knight

yes we did

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yes we did

[/ QUOTE ]

So I've been unable to keep up on reading the boards the past couple of months............can you say in public what your placing was yet? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. white_knight

Not allowed to say anything yet, or post pics or vid /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif