Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First week at Wyotech, impression

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 7, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRSSSSS

They are everywhere, ha. Oh well. Lot of people that say they want to start their own performance shop and are inspired by Boyd Coddington :rolleyes: So far its nice. Yesterday we were done work and playing on the internet(taking business course right now), anyway someone was watching the video of a black Grand National twin turbo breaking loose on the dyno. If you haven't seen it search the web and find it, its awesome. Anyway teacher spotted it, went back to his desk, turned on the projecter and cranked up the sound in the room so we watched it about 6' tall and shaking the room loud. People in the hall were stopping at the door watching :D . As long as I get into my Chassis fab class this place is gonna rock.

2. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

cool

My step-brother goes there..... I think his name is Trevor Kilmer, but I'm not sure. My dad just married his mom last year, so I don't really know him too well. I think he runs around in a 4-runner, though. White with rust.

Dad says he likes it up there. he takes night courses and a lot of the courses are set up like a real job where you're there for 8 hours or something. Sounds kinda neat, altogether.

Personally, I want to start my own Automotive Fab shop because of CK5 and my dad. Boyd Coddington's cool and all, but he's got nothing on what some of the guys here at CK5 do.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My business course is set up like real work. Have to dress in office attire(dockers, white collared shirt, tie) have to act as if you are in an office or lose points(no cursing, respectful at all times don't throw something just hand it). Its a 9 hour day before breaks. About 7 3/4 if you don't count breaks. I work right through breaks so far. Trying to keep up on things and not do anything at home. I go to the Pennsylvania one, you probably mean the Wyoming one.

4. OrangeCrushK10

yep

Yeah, he goes to the real Wyotech. I think it's in Laramie, but I don't know.:grin:

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i've seen that clip.. oriental guy, has like 1000 hp... sick car... :saweet: i'd love to do a mid 80's Monte or GN...

6. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

this is going to sound really stupid, but where is this school, and is there a website for it? Thanks
    Cory

7. OrangeCrushK10

wyotech.com

wyotech.com :D