Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

First Weekend with my K5.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990SilveradoK5, Jan 12, 2001.

1. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

Jan 2, 2001
    OK, what to do first? Find some snow and mud, right.

As some of you have seen (Readers Rides) I just purchased a 1990 K5.

A couple of the dash lights do not work, can't see my speedometer and temp gauge at night. Kinda sucks because I am not used to the feel of the truck yet.
    Can the contacts from the printed circuit board go bad?? I ask because my wonderfull / helpfull desk clerk at Murray's gave me some bulbs that I put in and they don't light. I got checking and they are 161's when my book calls for a 168's. Will this alone cause them not to work?

Just wondering as many of you know how many screws hold the dash plate, lense, and cover in place on these fine driving machines. Had it apart once and would like to get it fixed the next time I take it apart.

Thanks in advance.

Gone Large and Loving It.
  2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Mar 7, 2000
    <font color=purple> Let the fun of fixing little things begin !!!!!</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>
  3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Jun 1, 2000
    I had mine off the day before yesterday. The bezel has seven, but you have to take off the piece of plastic under the steering column, and the piece of metal under that, so the total is up to 14. then theres the 4 that hold the dash on, and the screw in the passenger side doorjamb, so 19. Then theres about 5 for the lens, and 5 or 6 more for the white plastic thing behind it, plus I think you have to take off the gear indicator thing, so the total is about 32. Them giving you the wrong light could be the problem. I had a contact go bad, and just cleaned it up with steel wool, and it works now.

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>