Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fishing and Kayaks

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by jakeslim, Feb 27, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

anyone here fish out of a kayak? Too cool. Bass, trout, pickeral...all too fun.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have an inflatable Kayak I fish out of. I like it. It is way better than a float tube and more comfortable. Its fun to catch a big fish and they tow you around. Yup. All Too fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I have a 13' dagger kayak. I mounted a fishing rod holder on it, the kind you put on boats that rotates and adjust. I am able to troll and paddle without holding pole.

I love to bass fish and it is great being able to "float" into coves and such in absolute silence /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif The fun part is landing them since your so low. I have lost a few good ones that way.

I lost my prize fish last year in Cranberry lake in NJ. I was fishing near some shore brush and thought I had snagged. Literally felt like a log. So I pulled up hard and all of a sudden this huge bass head appears. Well it surprised me and him. Net was not ready, he looked at me and with a quick head shake got loose. This one was a big one. Oh well, thats why its a sport. I lost that one.

Now I'm in Napa, CA and can't wait to begin fishing again this spring... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Sierra streams, deep lakes of Nor cal, ocean /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don't fish from them but both me & the mrs. have 15'
    flat water kayak's w/rudders. We like to go island camping.
    I also have a white water boat. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif