Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fishing Lobster...quite the job!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 1985K20, May 20, 2005.

1. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

Yeah thats what i do for livin: fishy the lobsters :o Sometimes its the best job on earth; clear blue sky,sun shinning, water just like in a bathtub...thats fun then....

But days like today are like hell: 40 mph winds,15-20 foot sea raging on ya,everything flying,traps banging on the deck,snapin ropes :mad: ...F***in boat rockin like a bastard!! Man sometimes i wander why i decided to do that type of work :thinking:

Oh yeah: I must be doin this for the grand a get a week :deal:

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Acually it sounds kinda fun to me. There's is something I like about working on the ocean when its rough. Wouldn't want to do it all the time but. When the day is over and you are back in port you realy feel alive. Yur tired! But it is a good tired. Espically when you have made a good haul. Sure is funny how the simplest tasks that you take for granted on a calm day suddnly become extreemly difficult when the boat is heaving all over the place and you are fighting seasickness on top of it all. LOL
    I have never fished for Lobsters. But have done my share of crabbing and Salmon fishing on small boats in the Pacific Northwest.
    I really get to missing the ocean. I go back home every summer and spend at least a week out on the ocean Fishing . Cant wait till I can get back out.

3. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

Yeah its something that stays in your blood once you have done it for a while,I first done that for 4 years, then i stopped to go to college for my automotive tech, for 3 years i wasnt fishing....I was dreaming about it about twice a month, dreaming I was in rough weather and everything....lol.

Than i'd have a few drinks with the boys and all i was talking about was fishing, fishing,fishing, they were like man: stfu :doah:

But to come back on what you were saying, ya your right, when you get to land and hit the solid ground: you are just drained out!! No more energy left :frown1:

Ah well, were a big bunch down here in the same situation :) and i guess we all love it.........or hate it!

Grande-Entree's the biggest lobster fihing wharf in quebec province,we sale for a few millions pounds of the red shells every year.