Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fishing stuff/bike parts for Blazer help in California.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Feb 20, 2003.

I"m in the middle of restoring a 71 K5. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading work for High end Fishing Gear (fly or conventional) Bikes/bikeparts (Mountain bikes or Road) R/C cars or car parts...

thanks,Forrest

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

well Forrest someone might but you need to fill out your profile so people will know where your at and what exactly you have.

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey welcome dude. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Where exactly are you located?
    There are quite a few of us in the bay area and an even larger group throughout cali.
    You can check out:
    www.norcalbigdawgs.net
    where we started a wheelin' club with all the people we met through ck5.

It depends on what exactly you mean by needing help restoring your blazer, but there are a lot of us with different skills. Are you talking replacing body parts, swapping or rebuilding drivetrain parts, what?
    I've replaced or rebuilt lots of the things on my first gen K/5, not much left. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, you've found a great site to help you with whatever you're planning to do with your K/5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just do a keyword search and you'd be suprised what you can dig up here. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

In what part of the Bay Area are you located? I'm smack in the middle of the Peninsula and I'm willing to help with some work or whatever.

4. Ryan, thanks a ton for your post! It really makes me feel good that there are others in the Bay that are doing restorations on K5's!! Thanks for the welcome! I need to replace the rockers, sand or sand blast a bunch of rust on the frame and some parts of the body. I think the motor needs to be rebuilt. The tranny seems to be ok. I would like to get it painted and rhino coat the interior. Anyway, thank you for responding, I hope to meet you someday!

Thanks,forrest

5. Wow! Thank you very much Steve. I live in Pleasant Hill but my truck is in Lafayette. I actually work in San Mateo 3 days a week! Mon.-Wed. Thanks a ton for the offer! Please let me know what days would be good for you!!!!! I will pay for your transportation costs or if you want me to drive it down, that is possible too!

Thanks,forrest

6. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Forrest, welcome to the board. Was that your post on blazerworld.net? I was about to send you an e-mail letting you know abou this board. You may also want to check out 67-72chevytrucks.com. Many members here are also members there.

Show us some pictures of your truck.

7. Steve_Chin

I'm unemployed at the moment, so any day is good. What do you need done?

8. That was me on blazerworld.net!! I will take some photos next week... My truck is all torn apart right now.. Thanks a ton for responding to my post... Take Care and have a great weekend!!

Thanks,forrest

9. Thanks again for responding Steve... here is what I need done:

1) need to get rid of the rust under my rockers

2) sand the frame, shackles and any other part of the undercarrige for painting.

3) get the body and interior ready for paint and rhino coat

4) drain all fluids, check tranny, motor, diffs etc.

anything else you think may need to be done... I'm going to remove the A/C unit tomorrow...

Thanks,Forrest

10. Steve_Chin

Cool. Email me privately so we can set up logistics, Forrest.

11. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't want your stuff but have the following:
    Sawzall
    Grinders - (buffing, I know how to 'buff' LOL)
    Tons of tools

Let us know when you break the project down to specific times and dates.

12. Right on Dave! That is killer your offering to help me, thank you so much! Holy cow! Everyone is so cool here! Pacifica is a great place to live, I ride my bike out there sometimes!! It's awesome! Anyway, would you like me to come out to you? I don't want to make you travel...

Thanks,forrest