Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fit 35's with 4" lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JTB, Dec 12, 2000.

1. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

Fit 35\'s with 4\" lift?

I have a 70 Blazer and Im wondering if I can fit 35's with 4 inches of lift without major trimming, or without any trimming. Thanks for the help!

Don't drive it unless it says Chevy!

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Re: Fit 35\'s with 4\" lift?

From what I've read, you can depending on the net height of your lift and the brand of 35's you get. SOme run bigger adn some run smaller. But for pavement driving you should be "ok", except for full turn. Minor trimming I'd think you'd be good to go, less you get into some deep flexing.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have a friend that is running a 4" lift with 35" Kelly DTR's on a 3/4 '71 P/u..... He didn't trim anything, and the dont hit.

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Most likely you will need some trimming, but not major stuff. If you have a flexy suspension you will for sure need the trimming. I put 35's on with a 4 inch Superlift softride, and usually left the sway bar hooked up (even though I have an ORD disconnect!) because the tires would hit so hard at full flex while turning. And that was WITH fender trimming (although obviously not enough!) If I trim any farther I will be cutting the inner fenderwell and have a hole to the cab - don't want to do that. So last week I returned the Superlift 4"ers under warranty (they were sagging after 5 years of abuse, and they have a lifetime warranty!) and got the 6" springs for $20 more! Should cure most of it... Oh and by the way, that was with BFG Mud T/As, which measured an actual 34.5" when inflated...

5. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I have a '72 and fit 33's with NO lift. They did rub a little in the back of the front wheelwell but not anywhere else. I've got a 3" bodylift on it now and I'm sure that 35's would fit it no problem. The 1st gen's have a larger wheelwell opening and it's radiused (sp?) at about a 38" diameter. 35's should fit with a 4" lift no problem.

HTH,

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

6. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

Thanks Buddy, and everyone else who replied. Time to buy some 35's. If you have a Four Wheel Parts near you, they have a buy 3 get one free deal on BFG's and Pro-Comps.

Don't drive it unless it says Chevy!