Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fitting 38's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by morphed86k10, Jun 17, 2002.

1. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

fitting 38\'s

I want to put some 38 15.50 TSL radials on my truck, but I want to keep it at the current four inch lift. Most likely the front inner fenders will have to go and the outer cut, but will this be enough? Without massive flex (HD springs up front, 4 inch lift 56 inchers out back) will I run into contact with the firewall, steering box, rear fenders, etc.? What did you have to do when running 38's (or larger) with a four inch lift?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Re: fitting 38\'s

re-drill the front springs to move the axle foreward one inchand cut the heck out of the fenders
    i am going to be running 42's and 5 inches of lift.
    grant

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I will be running 38's on a 4" lift with no issues, I did however swap the body,LMAO. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I run 39.5's with a 6" lift. I cut from the top inner fender mounting bolt all the way to the bottom outer fender mounting bolt. Cut the inner fender strait across from the same upper bolt. It never hit until Moab and only there now and then. Thinking that moving the axle forward will fix this.

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I've got the 38" TSL Radials with a saggy 6" lift. I just added the zero rate add a leaf in the front and a 2" body lift will be here tomarrow. I already trimmed my front fenders and I don't plan on trimming anymore. I think this should do it for me.