Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fitting 39" or 44"

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by EricT, May 19, 2002.

1. EricT

EricT Registered Member

Fitting 39\" or 44\"

Got a line on a 77 blazer for $400 running..old man used it for his farm truck..Am gonna make this into a trail only rig..Mostly mud and sand,but need some articulation cause the swamps down here have some off camber sections,embankments,river banks,log crossing,etc down here in FL/AL plus when I get outta the Navy her in 04,will be taking it back to southern Idaho.so figure I will be needing some articulation for home more than here.Plan on hacking the snot outta the fenders front and rear..But how much lift.figure with 6" and trimming for the 39"boggers,and maybe 8" and trimming for the 44"...already got the 14 for the rear,havent started looking for the 60 up front yet..What is the best years to get a 60 outta for the front??
    Just need to find me a 205 and a 454 for this hog,and some 5.13's...Thanks in advance....

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Re: Fitting 39\" or 44\"

Man this thing wouldnt happen to be in Lacoochee Fla, would it? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I heard of but never looked at a 77 for $400 that an old man used on his farm.

3. EricT

EricT Registered Member

Nope in Foley,AL..Thats where I am ..I am assigned to NAS Whiting,FL but we have a remote air field out in Foley,AL..That where I work /Live..Aint sh*t here on this lil ol base cept swamp and trees..three runways and 15 barracks rooms,and a high bay for the fire trucks,that is gonna double as my shop....gotta love it..

4. EricT

EricT Registered Member

where the heck is Lacoochee??How close to P-cola are you??

5. Pure Insanity

AHHH. Its just funny you mentioned swamps and such so I assumed you were in the south anyway. And I have heard of the same deal near me. I responded before I checked your profile.

For the D60, I know that some here are useing Dodge 60s also, so that can broaden the search. I dont think theres a bad 60 ton get unless it has closed knuckles. Definately get an open knuckle from what I have gathered. I am not looking for one yet so I havent really researched it much yet.

6. Pure Insanity

LaCoochee is near Tampa. Its actually north of me a bit but I can get there in like 5-10 min. Tampa is like 30 miles south of me, Im nowhere near Pcola. There are some people from here in and around Pcola. Try to post in Blazin Trails about N. Fla. or do a search in Blazin Trails.

7. EricT

EricT Registered Member

Dade City huh,kinda a grip from p-cola,bout 10 hours I am guessing....Kinda looking at maybe putting in a appt for the police department there..just for their Special Responce Team..but man I love idaho..got the best of everything,winter or summer..

8. Pure Insanity

I dont think its quite that far. I have been to Macon Ga and back in a day several times, and been to Tallahasee and back in a day more times than I can count.

Putting in a ap at Dade City PD? or Pcola? DC is a dead little town. Otherwise known as Dead City. Theres a few parts of town you dont really want to go but in all its a dead little town. Pretty safe place to be an officer really. LOL!

9. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I'll second the name "Dead City"!

10. Pure Insanity

AHHH Yes another Dead Citian.

11. EricT

EricT Registered Member

dade City..Yeah I heard there is some pretty ghetto spots,but thats why I wanna go with their swat/Special responce team..lots of action..Our Special responce team in Idaho isnt full time,you are a normal sheriff,and on call if there is a high risk search warrent,barricaded indivual",Ruby Ridge",etc..But more than likely will just head back to idaho..and keep fire fighting or ????Got all that free college money from the navy,and nothing to do with it,was kicking around taking like 2 years off and just take some welding,tube frame build'n up at Wyo Tech or hot rod U..,etc???but who knows 2 years is a long way off...

12. Pure Insanity

You must be thinking of the wrong town. LOL! The local PD used to hang out w/ us at nite in town for something to do rather than drive around board to death. I think they do have an undercover unit but thats about it. LOL!

13. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

pureinsantiy is right, there are some areas of town I try to avoid during the day and don't go through at night. but otherwise, theres not much going on here. wait, i forgot, theres a car show the 1st of each month in downtown.

14. EricT

EricT Registered Member

yeah the place I am looking at is close to Miami..Looked at the road atlas and yeah you guys are in the boonies,pretty close to tampa though

15. Pure Insanity

LOL! You were thinking Dade County.

You have to go out the other side of the boonies to get to where we are. HAHA!

16. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i'm running a 6" lift and 42" swamps on my 78 blazer.there a little skinnier than the 39.5 or the 44's so they tuck up in my fenders pretty good.i don't have any rubbing so far and i just beat the sh!t out of it today.here's a link to my page maybe it will help you out.good luck!

http://community.webshots.com/user/efilnikufecin

17. EricT

EricT Registered Member

efilnikufelin PM'ed ya.
    .Dade County it is .
    okay i lied,tried to pm ya but it wouldnt go thru..Was just wantting a lil more info on your blaze..if you can send me an email ...Eric