Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fitting Bigger Tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77JimmyMan, May 16, 2001.

1. 77JimmyMan

77JimmyMan Registered Member

What I got is a set of Pirelli Scorpions 33x12.5 15" tires that i picked up brandy new but whicked cheap. I own a 1977 GMC Jimmy High Sierra. I as hoping to find out what size rims I need to fit them right on my truck. I bought a set of 15x8" rims with 3 3/4 backspacing and mounted them on. I originaly got these rims for a smaller tire but got a better deal on the 33's. Now the front drivers side hits the steering arm coming off of the steering box taking a hard right . I was told these rims werent right. The next rim size up in my price range is 15x10" with a 4" backspacing. Will this fix my problem? If anyone can help Id really appreciate it. I tried 1/4" spacers but it didnt help. Thanks

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

First...I would check the back-spacing yourself. Make sure it's at least 3 and 3/4 from flange to mounting surface. That is the factory offset. I ran 33-12.0/15 on 10 inch rims and had no worries at all on my 76' unless I got really crossed up on the trails. You might even have just one rim with an OFF backspacing...its been known to happen.

"Why YES!..the Fast-lane was built just for YOU!! Because we all needed someone to drive slow and screw up traffic!!!!"