Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fittings on hydroboost system

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 4x4_76, Feb 26, 2003.

1. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I asked this on Garage,but didn't get answered.
    I have leaky pressure hoses from P/S pump to hydroboost,and from there to steering box.I was thinking to buy a new hoses,but they cost qiute much.So,I was thinking that get new hoses on a 1/3 of a price from hydraulic shop.
    Only problem is that I need fittings to connect the hoses.
    Well,I can get those fittings,but what is the thread size on pump,steering box and on the hydroboost?

2. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Where are your hoses leaking? Mine were leaking at the pump because someone overtightened the fittings and crushed the o-ring seals /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. If yours are leaking at the fittings, try replacing your o-rings first. I bit the bullet when I bought my CUCV in '95 and bought new hoses from the dealer. It wasn't cheap /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, even back then.

3. Lobo2055

Lobo2055 Registered Member

Actually it is really pretty easy to cut all your existing fittings from the stock lines and solder them to compresion fittings that would attach to the new hydrolic hose. I did this myself. I'll try and get you some pics of my job.

4. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Both pressure hoses leak where the rubber hose connects to steel pipe.
    I also need another tank for the pump.I welded short lenght of a pipe on the tank for hydroboost return line,but I screwed up the weld,and now it leaks also.Should've soldered it instead of welding.Oh well,guess I have to take the whole system apart and fix it once and for all.