Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fix a flat, Replacement for spare?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anatomiczero, Oct 28, 2003.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I run 31" tires right now and don't want a spare inside. Will fix a flat work?

2. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

If a rock makes a considerable tear yur stuck. If its a small hole then fix a flat will ruin your tire. FAF works by disolving the insid of the tire so some of it moves to fill in the hole. If its doing that imagine what its doing to your sidewalls.

3. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Fix a flat will make your tires unbalanceable, and will also eat your rim and ruin your tire. You can always run the self sealing tires, I know uniroyal makes em and I think so does goodyear and michelin.

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Id never use that fix a flat it makes a huge mess and eats away at the tire over time. Mainly its just a big mess when you have to fix them and such, I hate fixin tires with fix a flat in them /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah to what everyone else said! If you do use that crap. Get to a tire shop and have the tire fixed right ASAP. Dont leave that stuff in there very long.
    A spare is way better. Fix a flat only works on small holes and would do you no good if you bent a rim and unseated the bead.

6. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll just leave the spare inside. Don't really like the look of it outside.

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i always thought it puts some kind of expanding foam inside the tire that dries coming out the hole....am i mistaken? or is it something else