Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fix or new

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bhintz, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

so going down the highway the other day and my wheel bearings seized up on my 8 lug 10 bolt which in turn made like a massive explosion sound shooting my warn hub out 30 ft going 80mph and taking out my rotor and hub casing, I havent been able to find any used ones execpt one but its very far away and needs to be shipped and it looks like the rotor needs to be turned and needs new hubs and bearings so in all fairly expensive, and I dont have to much money so do you think I should just replace it or is this an excuse for a dana 60

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

If you dont have much money how could you afford a D60? Just keep your rig maintained from now on so you dont waste your money on unnessary parts.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if you can aford it go with a dana 60 if not just fix what you have /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If you dont plan on going bigger than 35's and don't plan on beating it to death, keep the 10, otherwise, 60

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Do what I'm doing, save up and look for a D60! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you dont have much money how could you afford a D60? Just keep your rig maintained from now on so you dont waste your money on unnessary parts.

[/ QUOTE ]well Im a poor college kid but parents said they give me a loan so its really what size of a loan

7. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    well Im a poor college kid but parents said they give me a loan so its really what size of a loan

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool of your parents to help you out with a loan, I'd personally borrow as little as possible so I could pay it back as soon as possible. You can get the 10 bolt on the road for cheap. Just remember to repack your bearings on the other side!

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hell, if the folks are picking up the tab, go for the 60 and don't dick around with the 10. I know of a cheap place you can get 60's...someplace called Dynatrac or something... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    Hell, if the folks are picking up the tab, go for the 60 and don't dick around with the 10. I know of a cheap place you can get 60's...someplace called Dynatrac or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Oh yeah, a Dynatrac D60 should handle 35's just fine!......and cheap too /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hell, if the folks are picking up the tab, go for the 60 and don't dick around with the 10. I know of a cheap place you can get 60's...someplace called Dynatrac or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Oh yeah, a Dynatrac D60 should handle 35's just fine!......and cheap too /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hell, if the folks are picking up the tab, go for the 60 and don't dick around with the 10. I know of a cheap place you can get 60's...someplace called Dynatrac or something... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Don't forget about Boyce Equipment . [​IMG]

12. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yea thats what I was thinking with an Detroit, 40 spline inners, superior 35 spline outers just the cheap stuff /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    yea thats what I was thinking with an Detroit, 40 spline inners, superior 35 spline outers just the cheap stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, just the cheap stuff to get ya by.....

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

60. I have a 60 front with 35's and love the peace of mind it affords me on the trails.

15. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Yer poll is rigged! You know by coming to a site like this 80-90% of the members will tell you to get a D60 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i say fix the 10 bolt with some junk jard parts and save some of that money for more classes and books you only need a d60 if you want to push it to the max and the king pin makes for some poor street maners
    and so i do not get flamed i do have a d60 but it is a off road only rig

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yer poll is rigged! You know by coming to a site like this 80-90% of the members will tell you to get a D60 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yea kinda made it that way so you guys would convince me to get a 60 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif as for buying classes and books I have a scholarship that pays for that /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    save some of that money for more classes and books

[/ QUOTE ]
    Didn't you read the part where he doesn't drop any coin on this? Hell, go for some Mog portals or something... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    save some of that money for more classes and books

[/ QUOTE ]
    Didn't you read the part where he doesn't drop any coin on this? Hell, go for some Mog portals or something... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]no parent said they give me a loan not pick up the tab which would be nice but got to pay back /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif but that would be sick to put some 406 mogs under there

20. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Just get a no-interest loan spread out over 100 years or something... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif