Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fixed gauges, and replaced lights..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Dec 15, 2000.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It wasn't that difficult to replace the bulbs behind the gauges on my 84K5. I also cleaned all connections, and put it all back together in about an hour. There was also alot of dust behind the cover. I think that dust came original from the previous owner!

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

2. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

When ever I take apart a dash, I always ware those latex rubber gloves. For some stupid reason I hate like hell to leave my fingerprints around the odometer. Cops are funny nowdays, and you don't have to be guilty of anything to get charged!

3. lilbeast

lilbeast Newbie

funny funny or funny ha ha ....... after 15 1/2 years chasing bad guyd i just dont remember caging someone for the dreaded "fingerprints on the odometer " case .....

just having a lil fun guys.....

"EAT THE BEAST OR THE BEAST WILL EAT YOU"

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Hey Rick,

Welcome ... can catch some heat from some of us here. But, we do appreciate you and your chosen profession.

Small town cops have nothing better to do than check for finger prints on the ody. Don't they have a special class on that?

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I hope you guy's are just kidding....The only way a cop is gonna see my speedo is if he/she climbs in, and sits down in the seat. I double checked to make sure there was no streaks on the plastic cover before I put it all back together!

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

6. Hobbes68

Hobbes68 Registered Member

Actually, there's no problem doing anything you want to your odo, as long as you don't try to pass it off for less milage than it actually has. I doubt any cop will actually look for it anyway. At least not here in the big city. The latex glove idea is a good one though...