Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fixed my starter!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Jun 4, 2004.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

At last I can start my diesel!.I put a rebuilt starter drive in it from NAPA--they were the only ones who could get me one for about 33 bucks--the dealer wanted 100 bucks,special order,other stores here wanted 60 to 75 bucks and they'd have to special order it too /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.
    I think the one in my rebuilt delco starter was either re-used,or at least the gear was--it was worn pretty smooth--I notice the rebuilt one has different angle on the gear at the very end--looks like it would engage the teeth on the flexplate better.All I know is it sounds a lot better than before,and hope it lasts--I was dreading having to change the flexplate too!Spins over nice with no shims,and no noise! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifFirst time my face has looked like this in awhile!. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif