Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

**fixed**quad fire with misfires, need input from yall.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Dec 10, 2006.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

My daughter has a 96 grand am with a quad 4. I am having misfire issues. Snap on scanner shows misfires on cyl 1 and 4, at same times. I have replaced the plugs, connector plugs, distribution box and both coils to no avail!
    Any input? do the injectors fire together ?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

damn, wish i could be of some help. i had the exact same problem with mine, and it ended up being a bad module. swapped the one from my '95 and it ran fine, put the original back in, and i got misfire codes. not real sure how to diagnose it without throwing parts at it, could be the ECM, or a loose connection. IIRC the injectors do fire at the same time.

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

well, after pulling my freakin hair out with this car, I found the problem!! I started diagnostics from the begining and found the resistance from the coil through the STUPID EFFFIN COIL COVER to be low on cylinders 1 and 4!! Well PISS ME OFF!! thats was a new coil cover!! Replaced part under warranty, all good agian!! Now to re-grow hair??