Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fixed yoke for 208

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WhiteWhomper, Feb 16, 2001.

1. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

I have heard that the Dodge version of the NP208 has a rear fixed yoke instead of the slip yoke on the GMs. Has anyone done the conversion for this? Does the t-case need to be removed and disassembled, or can the tailshaft be removed and replaced in the vehicle. Were all the Doge NP208 t-cases fixed yokes or only select years?

2. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I almost did this a couple years ago. Not sure what years the Dodge fixed yokes were, I spotted mine laying on the ground in a junkyard. The tailshaft doesn't bolt on, you'd have to use the front half of the Chevy case and the rear half of the Dodge case and mix & match the internals. I'm pretty sure it would work, but not positive. Dodge used an odd u-joint, so you'd have to get a new yoke, but I think the splines are standard. I'd pull the t-case to do it, it's pretty easy (to pull).

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd