Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fixing rust problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueBlazer, Mar 29, 2001.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

OK, I just decided I was gettin tired of the rust in my truck. The panel that the bottom of my seatbelts bolt to are gone, I mean they are not there, just the carpet that covers the panel. Also, I took out the carpet and seat out of the back. I found that the floorboard is rusted through right around the body mounts behind the seat. Heres my questions 1) What is the panel the seatbelt bolts to called so I can look it up in LMC or JC Whitney 2) How should I go about fixing the area around the body mounts 3) Is there any shortcuts I can take to fix these problems so I dont have to spend hundreds of dollars on new panels. BTW, Im gonna por 15 everything when Im done to prevent any further rust. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Maybe you can find a donor truck or K5. Just cut out the parts you need and weld them in place. Try this web site, www.paddockparts.com. They sell a lot of parts. Too bad your not closer to me. I have a '79 K5 that was in a fire and the panels are still good. Good luck.

3. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

The same panels went in mine, but I didn't end up finding anyone with replacement panels for the bottom of the B-post. I ended up just fabbing the panels with some sheet steel (3 times as thick!!) and Herculining the inside from firewall to tailgate. Seems to be holding ok 5 mos. later.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!!

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Cmon guys. I know a lot more of you have experienced this and have some great ideas. Again, I appreciate any help you can give me.