Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fixing the AC in my Girlfriends Cavalier

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by KrebsATM02, Jun 27, 2003.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

So the shop wanted to charge 1500 to fix my girlfriends AC, so instead I got the job...

The shop charged it up and it leaked out over the next day, so i just have to find the leak, pull a vacuum and then charge it up...only if it will be that easy...

So I have a couple of questions... Does anyone know what the hi/lo side gauges should read when fully charged??? I live in houston so it is hot and humid here.

I only looked briefly at it last weekend...Does it use and expansion valve or a orfice tube?? Someone told me it might be in the dash... Anyone know for sure??? I guess i'll figure it out in a few hours when she gets here.

Also...it looked like there was some grime around the sharader valve, so i'm assuming that might be one of the leaks...

any info would be appreciated. Thanks - Doug

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Have it charged with UV dye, that will show you where the leak is

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Put your girlfriends melons near the vents, if the temp guage pops up shes charged /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif