Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flag Mount and Flag

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wheelin72, Oct 1, 2002.

1. wheelin72

wheelin72 Registered Member

Im looking at a way to mount a big flag in the back of my truck. Something removable would be nice. I dont really want to use a metal pole. Something with some give would be nice. Kinda like a monster truck setup. Something at a hardware store would be best or nothing to expensive.

Im looking into some way to put a light shining on the flag so i can have it at night.

Any ideas would be great.
    -Ryan

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool
    WHat I did was use 1" schedual40 or 80 pcv water pipe, ya know the white stuff. THen I used U bolt that fits around the pipe and mounted it to my rear tire carrier. To mount the flag to the pole just drill a couple holes and zip tie the flag to the pole.
    Gives it a flexable wavey look as your goin down the road /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

3/8 metal conduit, and corresponding u-clamps. i made two flag poles for $6 /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I made a pole that slides into my hitch. It isn't flexible, but i suppose you could use a fibreglass rod for the top part. Could easily clamp a small 55watt light to the bottom of the post.

5. wheelin72

wheelin72 Registered Member

Thanks for all the ideas. They all sound good.
    Some pvc or conduit seems the way to go.
    I forgot about the hitch method but first i need a hitch

Oh ya do u see any problems with is snapping i would like to be able to drive around town with it. I know it wouldnt be a good idea in high speeds.

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

mine was good at any speed, by my rig has a top speed of 70 MPH before the 39.5's start shaking the hell outta me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I've been thinkin about the msame thing, when I go to the beach I wanna be able to fly the bars an' stars and the stars an' stripes but the Burban doesnt have any place to mount one flag much less two. Now if I had a roof rack I have an idea for dual flag poles made out of PVC. Its basically a U shape that you can tie to the rear of the cargo rack and have the poles coming off the corners of the U. But I dont have a cargo rack. If any of y'all have somethin for flyin flags on ur Burbans I'd like to see it. thx

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I used electrical conduit...very cheap....then to make it removeable....i used some special clamps that are used to keep bumper poles...usually lighted...on the front bumpers of semi's. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Azblazer