Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flaky speedometer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kilroy, May 10, 2002.

1. kilroy

kilroy Registered Member

If you have had this problem please tell me what you found and what you did it fix it. My speedo works about 90% of the time, but sometimes while driving it will quit, the needle will just drop to 0 or 25 or go up to the max peg, when it does this the odometer quits working no matter where the needle comes to rest. Then it will start working again, generally within a mile or so of when I notice the problem. Nothing else in the dash or any where else in the truck seems to be affected. I have only noticed this when I am going highway speeds (95% of my daily traveling). 90 GMC Jimmy with stock 350 TBI and auto trans
    Thanks
    Tramp

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Probably electrical because I believe they switched to that style in '90. The trasnfer case should have the sender, try changing that. You may have a short or something. You loose the signal and it will falls, if it gets grounded and it pegs.