Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flat bed kit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by littlejimmythatcould, May 21, 2006.

1. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know of anyone that makes a flatbed kit? I have found whole flatbeds but I'd like to maybe make my own. I guess what I'm really looking for is the metal "slats" that would go in between my boards for the bed. I'v searched around, but maybe someone could help point me in the right direction. I bought a 1976 chevy 3/4 ton pickup and am considering keeping it and getting rid of my jimmy. I was just going to swap all of my stuff like motor, radiator, lights, etc. over to it. It already has the 3/4 ton running gear on it and a 4 inch homebrew suspension lift on it. I'd like to flat bed it and possibly stake bed it. Plus, it would save me trying to swap out the SM465 tranny that's in it. The pickup does have a crack in the frame on the passenger side, I didn't take a real good look at it but it has a beef up put on it. the wife said I can only keep one of them :( . Sorry, I don't have any pics of the frame crack, that's really I guess the deciding factor. Maybe I'm just dreaming out loud:rolleyes: Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Todd.:bow:
    Edit: I've always liked pickups and deep down, I think I'm really a pickup man that happens to drive a jimmy.

2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I've got a shorty flatbed I'll sell you (but you'd have to come pick it up). Interested in something pre-made?

3. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

can you post up some pictures of that shorty flatbed, I am looking for ideas for when I make mine

4. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've got a k20 I'd trade you with a 6 inch super lift 4.10 it has a good frame and cab a newer Goodwrech 350

5. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

really I just like your frame and body tub form your jimmy

6. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

we could probably work something out, you want pics of everything?
    I'd like to keep my motor and tranny and 203 gearbox. pm me and we could probably work something out.