Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flat Top Knuckel ?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, May 8, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok so I'm to the point where crossover is on the next to do list (Yes I know Tim steering box brace /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif). I already have a flat top knuckle on the Blazer and I also have an extra axel with one. I figure like most of the other mods I have done it will be pieced together. So I figure I'll get the machine work done first. I'm gonna use the extra knuckel for the crossover so that the Blazer is not in pieces while I'm collecting all the stuff for the crossover. So the big question is do I just need to have it machined to a mirror image of the drivers side knuckel or does it all depend on the steering arm that will be bolted to it?
    Oh and I dont want to hear none of that "Get a Dana 60" stuff either. I don't need one for what I'm doing and I'm footing the bill on this one /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You just need to have it matchined flat ang then drilled in the proper holes for the steering arm.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So Your saying that it all depends on the steering arm that I buy for it?

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

All the steering arms are drilled for the same holes, but you have to have your knuckle drilled, tapped, and studded for the same hole pattern. It is a standardized pattern.

The knuckle gets matchined flat, then the holes get drilled in the specific pattern in a specific location on the now flat knuckle top. Then the steering arm will bolt on the top of the knuckle.

Here is a picture of my arm mounted to my knuckle.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/112670189/137630265UqxmMn

Harley