Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flat top knuckle??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Sep 17, 2003.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Don't you need the pass side flat top knuckle for crossover?? Or do you need this "hard" to find driver side flat top knuckle????

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Unless you drive your truck from the passenger seat and the steering box is on the passenger framerail, you'll need a flat top passenger side knuckle to make crossover steering.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

That's hilarious... I wonder if he actually gets anyone to bid on it.

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif seen that the other night, I think he's going for the impulse buyer, I do believe it has been listed like that before also. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

repost

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't you need the pass side flat top knuckle for crossover??

[/ QUOTE ]

not on the D60. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

AFAIK, some 1/2 ton fronts have the flattop knuckle stock... and some dont (need to be machined). Back in the day I had some knuckles machined by SW at ORD (or maybe it was one of his henchmen /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) but then at some point I came to my senses and just swapped in da 60. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

7. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Don't you need the pass side flat top knuckle for crossover??

[/ QUOTE ]

not on the D60. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

AFAIK, some 1/2 ton fronts have the flattop knuckle stock... and some dont (need to be machined). Back in the day I had some knuckles machined by SW at ORD (or maybe it was one of his henchmen /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) but then at some point I came to my senses and just swapped in da 60. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point he is trying to make is that the guy is selling the drivers side knuckle which to my knoweledge every truck sold in america has /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I'm sure you picked that up and I am being a smartass /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol! actually its 5am here and I didnt notice that the one on ebay was a drivers side. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif oh well, i was mainly responding to the original question anyway. yeah, thats it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    and some dont (need to be machined).

[/ QUOTE ]
    If its not a flat top to start w/ you can't machine it for cross-over.

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Wow.....that "hard to find" knuckle is a deal. It comes pre-drilled, tapped, and includes a steering arm!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

OK just checkin.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I was pretty sure every truck I have seen had a knuckle thast looked like that. I wonder if the steering arm is included???

Oh Yeah SO Sorry if it was a repost I'll try ans stay more up to date on what was posted /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    put crossover steering on your dana 35 44 front rear

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I cant believe so many people call front axles "front rears"

13. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

6 lug 77 k20 would be hard to find /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    6 lug 77 k20 would be hard to find /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    All 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton axles use the same knuckle. 6 bolts hold the spindle on. He didnt say it was a 6 lug axle in the auction.