Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flatbed gooseneck owners

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by Okiemuddog, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I have bought me tow tig, now I am in the market for a trailer to haul my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. I would like to buy a 35-40 footer to haul 2 rigs or a rig and camper, but finances won't allow that right now.

Sooooo, I am going to buy a 20-25 footer to haul my rig with for a while. The question is, how much did you pay for yours and where did you buy it. I have been looking through some sites, but no one wants to list prices, just specs and I don't have all day to call around and get prices from across the nation. I already have a goosneck plate in my rig and I really don't want to haul a bumper pull due to the characteristics, I have towed goosnecks before and they pull much better than bumper drag trailers. I am just testing the waters, so I thought I would get everyones input. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Also, I do not need a lecture on the weight my vehicle can haul and the safety issues involved, I have towed more than my fair share of trailers with more weight than anyone ever intended, so I know my stuff and how to do it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Sorry to sound like an ass, but I know someone will have to throw something in about a 1 ton not being safe to haul two rigs, and we all know who this is /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Thanks,
    Krennen

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I bought my 25 foot 14k pound gooser off of Ebay from This Guy and could not be happier. It's an awesome trailer that pulls my 9k pound rig with no problems at all. I paid $3895 and drove down to Yuma to pick it up. The local places here were wanting $5500 and more for the same trailer so it was worth the $150 in diesel to go get it.

Oh, that 1 ton dually will never pull it, the max they are rated at is one jeep /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I had to use the bathroom at an autoparts store today and saw this great quote on the back of the door...
    [ QUOTE ]
    Arguing with a parts guy is like wrestling a pig. After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    that 1 ton dually will never pull it, the max they are rated at is one jeep

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it will handle a gooseneck and a heep? I'm not sure....... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You might think about a shorter deck trailer. We use a 14' deck with a 4' pop up beaver tail and it is to long for Stephens blazer. We only need the 14' of deck and leave the beaver tail down all the time.
    I would try to find a used low deck car type hauler if it were me. I much prefer my short low deck bumper pull to Stephens deck over goose neck with my somewhat under powered tow rig. The wind resistance and such is way less with the lower trailers. Do stay with the goose neck idea though just get a lower deck trailer.

Just my .02
    I hope you don't have a compresion shackle on your tow rig. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

7. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I haul two heavy ass rigs all over this country with my 1 ton, upwards of 15,000 lbs and it pulls and stops great!!

8. Okiemuddog

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, that 1 ton dually will never pull it, the max they are rated at is one jeep

[/ QUOTE ]

Thousands of comedians out of work and they all hang out here /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Oh, BTW, sweet trailer that is right on the lines of what I am looking for /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Okiemuddog

[ QUOTE ]
    I had to use the bathroom at an autoparts store today and saw this great quote on the back of the door...
    [ QUOTE ]
    Arguing with a parts guy is like wrestling a pig. After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought of it that way, damn shame that I am a parts guy too, but I know when to shut my hole /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

10. Okiemuddog

Thank you for the info, I never thought about going shorter, but I guess my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Is only '16 long, so I could get away with a shorter deck. I agree on the low deck height, I know my rig has the power, but it is such a pain to load a rig on a high deck trailer if it will not move under its own power. I guess I will start looking for a 14-16 low deck gooseneck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I paid $4250 for this trailer. It is a 37 foot deck plus a 5 foot dove, 3 7 k axles, adjustable hitch, oh, and torsion, not sprung axles. Has a 50 gallon fuel storgae tank and pump, lots of extra lights and gadgets. Got it a cochranfarmsupply.com

[​IMG]