Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Storm24m, May 31, 2002.

1. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

I just got back from a trip to Ohio to kill some woodchucks. Took a day off to fish for some white bass/hybrids on the Muskingdom river at lock #1 in Devola. I was throwing a 1/2 ounce shad-rap on 12 pound line. Then it snagged. Or so I thought. We motored the boat up to the snag to try to get it free. Damned if that snag didn't take off up river. I fought that thing for over half an hour. We chased it up and down the river and I still almost ran out of line once. I never could get the thing to turn, so we motored upriver of it a few yards. Damn thing took off again straight under the bow of the boat and the trolling motor. The lure finally pulled loose and poor me......no fishy. We figure it was a big ol flathead. Never did get to see it though. Fun while it lasted.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thats why i use spider wire 8lb size 35lb strength /forums/images/icons/smile.gif fish dont get away with that stuff /forums/images/icons/smile.gif although i have had a few streighten the hook out on me lol