Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fleetside to stepside?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Dan, Jun 15, 2003.

1. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

ok my fleetside bed is f.u.b.a.r.ed found a stepside bed. wondering if the mounting to the frame is the same and is there any other things i should be aware of? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

funny you should bring that up, Me and 2 friends just did this yesterday to his truck. Everything bolts up, the only thing we had to do was grind a little lip off the rear of the bed, so that we could put the body lift in.... other then that everything bolts up, so if you dont have a B/L then no grinding ;P

3. Silver84k5

oh yea, The Gas tank on the stepside was on the drivers side, the gas tank on the fleet was on passenger, we had an extra gas tank that he put in the bed, and spliced the line into his stock tank, and it works... but with some more work you could rig it up however you want.

4. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

cool! thanks Silver i found one for 150.00 nice and straight /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifhow heavy you think it was lol

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

We switched ny buddy's truck and the old bed was real heavy and the step side bed was a feather in comparison. Really lightened up the truck.

6. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

yeah! i think it'll look sweet to /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Silver84k5

[ QUOTE ]
    how heavy you think it was lol

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, we used a forklift ;P...

we did have to lift it off the old truck, and two of us were able to carry it. not too bad, Gloves help though ;P my knuckles hurt like a biotch