Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

I want more flex. This is the combo you decide what I need to gain more. I have a 1975 K5 front springs are Tuff country 6' lift with all urethane bushings and greaseable bolts. ORD swaybar disconect and ORD front larger shackles. Procomp brakelines and Rancho RSX shocks that still don't limit travel in either direction. The rear has Rough country 2' springs with ORD shackle flip and full greasable bushing set, procomp brake line and a set of really long nitro 9000 shocks from rough country that still don't limit travel. The rear springs flexed so much that they went in the wrong direction so I installed my old overload upside down (the new Rough country springs didn't have any load device. All spring clamps are still in place. I had the rears open before with my old springs and they really pulled apart, thinking of doing it again, possibly using a quick diconect pin Like ORD instead of bolts so I can clamp and unclamp at will. Has anyone tried this? Also the truck has a 1' block in the rear, 3' body lift 35' tires but will have 38.5' in the next few weeks also some 9012's. What do you think for more flex, what do you have? Also from what to what do you measure travel distance from some people measure shock eyes but if you measure outer wheel to say fender lip you get more travel because your farther out from the center. Some people say they have 25-30' of travel but even 9012's are only 13 inches of travel so what to measure? Sorry this was so long but I needed to give all the info. Also note three different people from our shop use this name so some questions may seem the same.

2. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

Someone in this computer has to have an opinion of my set up or what works for them and how much flex they have every one loves to breg about the setup that they have, so do it! and help a fellow wheeler out.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Have you ramped yours yet? It sounds like quite a flexy set-up already![​IMG]
    These things flex pretty good even when they are stock, my Jimmy with nothing more than a 4" Rancho lift and travel-limiting shocks will ramp 800 on a 20 degree ramp.
    Check the home page and check out Steve's "UAV". There is an article on extended front shock mounts and some awesome pics of Steve's truck on the ramp.
    [​IMG]
    Rene

[​IMG]

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

You can put a piar of revolver shackles on and get at your sheet metal withthe sawzall. I cant really tell what more you can do.

"Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Damn DUDE, I'm just now putting in my first lift. But from what I've read here at CK5, sounds like you got all you need. How much more are you looking for? Have a couple of looks at some pics that DEPDOG had posted. He had some serious looking flex in one picture by some power lines.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>You basicily have the same setup as all the guys with flexy trucks have. The reason why people say they can get that much travel from 9012s is they angle them inwards in the rear. This allows the spring to move more than the shock. You might want to talk to Depdog. I saw some pictures of his truck a while back and he gets good flex.

Here's how Steve has his rear shocks mounted
    [​IMG]

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Do a search for buggy springs. I know BigDaddy89 runs these and he gets some MAD FLEX. Might want to look into it.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

8. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

you have quite a flexible set up as is. that is just about what i have set up under my rig...
    [​IMG]
    remember, no matter how flexible your k5 is, there is no substitute for good driving ability. and with lockers you wont need that much flex either.
    good luck,
    MTPockets.
    if you are looking for more twist for your buck though, i believe the revolvers would be the hot ticket.