Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flexable Exhaust Connectors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DukeBoy88, Feb 14, 2003.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

If anyone saw TNN "trucks" this past weekend 2-9, they did a exhaust system that was rigidly attached to the frame, and connected to the headers with a stainless flexable hose looking connector. I'm not quite sure of the construction, I found one that looks simular at nickson.com. The idea I have in mind for my exhaust would make it easier to tuck out of the way if I could fasten it directly to the frame. but i don't know how well these connectors hold up, I've never used anything like them. does anyone have any experience with these? good idea bad idea? thanks in advance.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I seen that on "TRUCKS". They look kewl. I want a set too. If you find out where to get them, please post a link.

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Just about every big rig truck on the road uses stainless steel flex pipe some where in its system to allow it to flex some as most have the rest of the exhaust fixed to the frame or cab. You should use stainless "band" clamps to seal it to the pipes after sliding the flex pipe over the solid pipe. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Seen it /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif, want it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, didn't catch the manufacturer though /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Didn't catch the show, but JC Whitney sells flex couplers.... JC Whitney

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thanks.

7. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

No problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif