Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flexplate Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Robert79K5, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

Okay its been a while since I messed with a slushbox transmission. I am putting a 350 in my C10 and I am unsure about the flex plates orientation. I robbed the flexplate from another engine and put it on exactly the way it was before with the indentions that are stamped in the flexplate where the torque converter bolts go facing towards the engine. The thing is the 700r4 torque converter butts up against the crankshaft and theres still about 1/4 of an inch between the flexplate and the bolt holes in the torque converter. I believe that I might have the flexplate on backwards and that the raised part of the flexplate indention should go towards the transmission. I wish that thing had engine side stampped in it.

Transmission side
    \_____/

Engine side

for clarity: thats what the indention in the flexplate for the torque converter bolts look like the way I have it now.

Sorry for my ignorance. :grin:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

raised parts go towards the torque converter not towards the motor.

3. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

Drats! I knew it.

Well thanks I guess I know what to do now. :/

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

youll still have a pretty good gap between converter and plate though, no matter which way, dont want converter hub shoved tight into tranny front pump, i always split gap in half with washers though, never had any problems doing this ever on anything

good luck