Flexplate wobble?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by SkyjackerK5, Apr 12, 2003.

1. SkyjackerK5

SkyjackerK5 Newbie

Nov 23, 2002
    I just did an LT1 swap in my 96 tahoe and noticed something weird. While looking for an oil leak that turned out to be my rear main, I noticed something that I don't think should be happening. With the bottom plate portion of my 4L60E removed, I could see a slight movement back and forth of the TC and flex plate. It was slight, about half and inch but does that mean a bad TC or a bent flexplate? This is really bothering me, bad rear main and this too. Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

May 31, 2000
    The flexplate should run true. I'd get in there with a dial indicator and measure just how much runout there is. Half an inch is WAY too much! I wouldn't drive it like that. If it's really off that much, then the torque convertor drive is wobbling inside the tranny pump and will eventually damage it ( if it hasn't already ). /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif That may also be causing the rear main leak.