Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

flexplate?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Dec 21, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

ok guys i have been working on getting a truck pieced back together with my surplus of junk and have ran into a problem, well i installed a 350/400/208 and the motor had a manual tranny behind it before, so i just grabbed on of my flexplates(i got about 5-6 of them from parts hording) and i installed the started and went to crank away, well the starter just spun, i was like great....i got a crappy starter, didnt investigate, just yanked it out and took it to my buddy at the parts store, he exchanged it no problems.....said there test machine was broke. so i get my new starter and head up to the tranny shop to get convertor bolts, well i go to install the convertor bolts but apparently i got the wrong flexplate on there the bolt hols dont line up.......its just too small in diameter, i am starting to think that my starter just wasnt making contact with the teeth.....what is this flexplate off of? just so i can mark it for further reference.......thanks guys

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

there are 6 holes in a 168 tooth flexplate, 3 are in a smaller pattern and 3 are in a bigger pattern. try the next set of holes.

if you still have a problem, you probably grabbed a 153 tooth flexplate and they use a different starter with the bolts straight across from each other.

3. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

i spun it around, only 3holes in it, the convertor bolt hole is about halfway into the ring gear, so it is the 153 tooth.....is this a 2wd th350 flywheel?

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

usually the 153 tooth flexplate came on cars.