Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flexplates

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by NITRO, Mar 31, 2004.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i have 2 flexplates off of a 350. One is brand new and the other is used. I believe both to be 168 tooth. $5 plus ride.

NITRO

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Will the new one fit a TBI/93 motor and 700R4? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Will either one fit a TH400? If so, I'll take!!!

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i dont know about eiher...but i believe it should fit the TH400 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NITRO

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Does anyone else out there know? If it will fit for sure, I'll take it.

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What you need to know on the flexplates is the year of the motor. The pre-85 2 piece rear main seal motors use a different flexplate than the 1 piece rear main seal... Otherwise they will bolt to any TH350, 400, 700R4. But weather or not they fit your motors crank is the question.

7. jjlaughner

I got a a 350 out of a 93 pickup.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it will work for you. If you give him $20 for th new one shipped, I'll give him the shipping for th eused one /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

how can you tell? he never specified if the flexplate was for a 1 pc or 2 pc seal?

10. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

They are both for the 2 peice rear mains. Sorry i didnt specify. I just dont have anything around here anymore that needs a flexplate so i figure might as well clean some stuff up.

NITRO

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Judging by what Kennyw said, my 85 should have a 1-piece, which isn't the same. Thanks anyway.

12. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a flexplate for an 82. Check my for sale thread. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like it will work for you. If you give him $20 for th new one shipped, I'll give him the shipping for th eused one /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifHow about I just drive over to his house and pick it up /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Shane lives about 3.5 miles from me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Hey Shane, you still got those 6luggers sitting out back? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Maybe I'll run over and pickup the new flexplate and those rims next week /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

86 was first year for one piece RMS, 55-85 were the two piece old school RMS engines.

a one-piece RMS plate will not fit on a two-piece RMS crank flange and vice versa,

i have a few plates around here i think i have a 153 tooth 400sbc and 454 one also somewhere still but i did throw about 15 plates away recewntly so it might be gone but i have some in the attic still, maybe its up there by chance

good luck