Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flexy Pics.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Beast388, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Well, the pics aren't flexy....and neither is my Burb! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I stacked up a few hardcore stumps in my driveway to test the flex of my Burb. I already knew my front shock are too short and would limit my flex, but said why not. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

As you can see, the pass. front shock is pulling that corner of the Burb down, causing the rear suspension to flex even more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once I get longer brake lines and longer shocks, I may need to trim a bit more off the fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif
    [​IMG]

Rear
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to get the longer lines and install the shocks, that should help the front flex alot. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Nice pics! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow you really are from the midwest, aren't you? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Love your burb, btw!!

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Looks like that rear fender doesn't need any trimming /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Bored today huh?

Always nice to see your 'Burb on here /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif cool burb

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

BTW, nice to see you found a good use for that brake drum too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Keep it around, maybe I will run mine across it someday /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW, nice to see you found a good use for that brake drum too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Keep it around, maybe I will run mine across it someday /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea man.....those 13" drums make great wheel chocks too! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Thanks everyone for the compliments. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow you really are from the midwest, aren't you? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Love your burb, btw!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, rust sucks. It is hard to believe that it was rust free up until 1987 when I moved from NV to IA. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Love your burb, btw!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, rust sucks. It is hard to believe that it was rust free up until 1987 when I moved from NV to IA. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If it wasn't a little rough you wouldn't want to beat it. Now quit yer whinin and come here some weekend and play in the mud. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Good to see new pics of the Beast. Just have to love a classic Burb.

11. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Is it just me, or is the hook on the passenger side ... umm, stretched out a bit much? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it just me, or is the hook on the passenger side ... umm, stretched out a bit much? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

[/ QUOTE ]

uh....yea.....it is "stretched" out a bit! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    I did that trying to pull a pretty big lilac bush stump out of the ground. I had to turn the truck around and attach the chain to the hitch. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    A couple of good jerks and it was out. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif