Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

flip kit and shocks?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by dmoney, Mar 8, 2007.

1. dmoney

dmoney 1/2 ton status

if I go with the ord flip kit in the rear do I need longer shocks? I have a 6 inch lift on it now and it came with new shocks so I dont want to replace if I dont have to. next question will I need to lingthen my drive shaft?

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yes and yes

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The flip is going to give you 4" more lift for a total of 12".

New shocks and driveshaft will be needed as well as something for the front end and steering.

If you want to stay at 6" of lift get the 4" shackle flip and 3" springs. This will net 7" of lift but will look correct and not look like the vehicle has the saggy butt issue.

4. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

You have a 6 inch lift on it now. It doesn't have to require new shocks and driveline if you are able to keep the same height. Is the lift all springs or do you have blocks?

Based on the previous posts, you'll need new front springs to account for the additional height of the rear.

I'm throwing a flip on mine (when I have time), I will remove the 4" blocks and keep the same height.