Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

flIP KIT ON c2500?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by SubYuman, Feb 25, 2005.

1. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever used one on the C frame? My burb and another K burb of the same year have the spring mounted differently it seems. The K has the spring further down on the frame. Just wonderinfg if it has been done and if so, are there pics?
    I just got a new digital camera and would LOVE to document the install..I need new spring bushings anyway and since it seems there are few makers of lift springs for the long 88/92+ springs, my only option seems to be a flip kit.
    Also, are the dimensions of the kit uninstalled small enough to fit into flat rate priority boxes? If so shipping by priority mail would be $17(two boxes) ...even to me here on Marine Corps Base Hawaii.
    Lastly, I would like to install a u bolt flip as well..can you give me a shipped total for all of these components? Just PM me and I'll see if I can't squeeze a little more out of my budget, pre-move back to California...Edwards AFB off road oark, here I come!

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think you can probably work with the 4wd flip on the 2wd, I know you'll have to re-drill the frame and it will probably give you a bit more lift than 4". One thing you might consider is moving your mounting brackets on the frame so you can use a pickup spring, that might give you some more selection in springs. There are some quirks on the subs when you move the brackets but it works well.

The flip brackets would have to go in a regular box but mail rates still aren't bad and UPS is doing ground (?) delivery to HI now so that might be an option.
    A rough guess of the total weight gives us about $43.00 for the shipping.
    Thanks