Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flip Kit

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BlazaBlazeII, Mar 15, 2007.

1. BlazaBlazeII

BlazaBlazeII Registered Member

I have ordered 2 different sets of ORD Shackle Flips and have installed them on two completely different trucks, with different springs each time. I keep expereincing a sag effect on the pass side of the truck. I have installed these on both trucks, with the same effect. I hate a truck that doesn't sit level. Is this something that you have seen in some trucks that use your shackle flip? I know I didn't install them wrong, and I don't have broken leaf springs because I have switched out the driver and pass side springs and I get the same effect?
    Any ideas as to why this could happen. I have purchased many products from ORD, and this is really the first that I have had problems with.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Bill

2. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I also have a sag on the passenger side, but I had the sag before the lift as well. I was hoping new springs would fix it.

One thing you might try depending on the year of your truck is searching for the term "Chevy lean" on google. It describes what lots of people who try lowering their trucks have experienced, although i think it applies to more of the newer model trucks with extra weight on that side. Evidentally, Chevy made the passenger side springs taller than the other side to compensate for it and when you buy new lift springs which are identical, it brings the "lean" back.

Not sure if this applies, but thought it might be something to look at.

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I have the same thing.

4. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Measure how far the shackle eye is from the frame on the fli[ bracket. If it is the same side to side it is a truck deal. If the brackets measure different than there is some kind of manufacturing flaw.

I have seen a bunch of the flips and never seen one pair that were different side to side.