Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flip up bench seat?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MadIrish, Aug 20, 2001.

1. MadIrish

MadIrish Registered Member

I like the ability to flip up my passenger seat to get the baby and friends in the back seat but I would also like to have a bench seat up front. Is it possible to have both?

Oh yeah, and why would I have burnt motor oil underneath my carpet between the seats? Just blowing up from my leak between the seams in the pan?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I have a split type bench seat up front. So yeah it is possible. My seats both slide and fold forward and back. The center slides back and forth as well and can be used as a seat (kinda for a small adult or kid. I had to buy a seatbelt and install it). The seat part pulls up and you can use it for storage and then the back part of the center seat folds forward for small storage (like some pens and things like that) with two cup holders. I don't have any pics right now but I will go take some tomorrow of it so you can check it out. It was custom ordered by the previous owner so I have no clue where he got it or what he paid.... but I love it! [​IMG]

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;

3. scrapmetal

scrapmetal 1/2 ton status

my bench seat is out of a 77 Chevy Pickup and I just made some mounts out of 4x4 tubing, works great, flip the seat up for the kids, and yet got the whole bench to sit on

Never been stuck, just temporarily delayed.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://hometown.aol.com/bcscrapper/myhomepage/index.html>hometown.aol.com/bcscrapper/myhomepage/index.html</a>

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I definitely would like to see some pics. I have been considering ordering one of those seats you see in JC Whitney or any custom truck shop that have the center foldup seat/console. I figured if I got one for the same year (or comparable year) extended cab pickup, it should have a mechanism for folding the seat forward for access to the rear passenger area.

Brian
    Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a>
    Is it a bad thing when my reality check bounces?