Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flipped out!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Nov 18, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Motorcyclist survives flip into Lake Washington

Seattle Times staff

A motorcyclist took an unexpected swim this morning when she flipped off the motorcycle she was riding and ended up in Lake Washington.

According to the Washington State Patrol, the unidentified woman, who was riding west on the Highway 520 bridge, got off at the Lake Washington Boulevard exit, but she was going too fast. as a result, her motorcycle hit the curb and launched her over the guardrail into the lake.

The rider, who fell the equivalent of three stories, was able to swim to one of the small islands near the University of Washington arboretum, said Kelly Spangler, WSP spokeswoman. Motorists who spotted the abandoned motorcycle called police who saw a helmet floating in the water.

Spangler estimated the woman swam about 25 yards. She said she suffered broken bones and was taken to Harborview Medical Center.

Copyright © 2005 The Seattle Times Company

Link with video

2. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

Burrrrrrrrrr ! that made me cold . Geez , I bet her nips were at attention . I'm glad she's ok But she is really lucky . Now it would have been WAY funny had it been a motorcycle cop :haha: .

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I looked it up on my map software, she must of been flyin down the road to miss that curve.

I tried to copy the map but can't figure out how to do it. :(

4. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I wonder then if she was trying to leave this $hitty earth :eek1: If that was the case I bet that cold ass water woke her RIGHT the f up .