Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flipping over the shackle hangers?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Thrashed68, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Thrashed68

Thrashed68 Registered Member

I already have 4 inch lift springs, but I am wondering. Would there be any benifits by just flipping over the rear shackle hangers? This would not lift the rear as far as I can tell, and thats fine by me, Im just wondering if it would give more travel or not. Thanks

Skin grows back, Parts cost money!

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Most of the shackle-flip kits I have seen *do* add lift to the rear (either 2" or 4"). I can't think of a way to flip the shackle and not lift the rear at least a little because there isn't enough room above the rear spring eye in its stock location.

3. Thrashed68

Thrashed68 Registered Member

I was thinking of using a front rear spring mount and trimming it shorter to fit under the body better. I guess what I am wondering mostly is if I do just flip the shackle over, would there be any benifit over the stock set-up?

Skin grows back, Parts cost money!

4. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

Shackle flips are done to increase axle articulation. As far as ride quality I can't see why there would be much change, because springs are still the same.

Rasberry 71' K/5 Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/71blazer>http://www.geocities.com/71blazer</a>