Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

floater/moser axles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AZK5, Apr 7, 2000.

1. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

I was checkin out the Moser Eng. site http://wwwmoserengineering.com/ under the axle tech section and they say their 12 bolt alloy axles are rated to 6200 ft lbs. I emailed Warn and they said their 12 bolt floater axles are rated at 90,000 in lbs. Don't ask me why. That's 7500 ft lbs for you math challenged. It looks like the floater kit is quite the upgrade in strength. I'm still going to go with Dana 60's front and rear for the gear ratio selection, stronger pinion, stronger front u-joints, and stronger housing.
    CB

2. WARP1

WARP1 Registered Member

How much do these options cost?

What are the prices on these two options. I have a 12 bolt I am trying to decide if I should modify it or just upgrade to a stronger axle.

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Re: How much do these options cost?

Well, the Warn kit is 7 to 800 bucks and the Moser shaft with his larger bearings were like 300 shipped to your door the last time I checked.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>