Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor board replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueOx, May 6, 2002.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Well, if I'm going to put this Blazer back together I really need to do it right. The floor board in my K5is rustind on the sides where the door opening is. I would like to replace the whole front section (driver and pass side) or should i just have the spots patched. I do not know how to weld so I will have a body shop do the work. What would be the most cost efective way. One more thing where can I get the parts? I have searched the web but no luck.
    Thanks

2. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

3. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

yep, i am ordering my front replacement panels from lmc this week, it is going to be a big job but i will save alot of money. a rocker panel costs something like 25 bucks (not that much i dont think). I was curious as to what a shop would charge, about 600 dollars to replace the rocker on one side, i think he was trying to rip me off. but he wasn't getting any of my money. so now i will be welding myself. cost effective and body shops do not go in the same sentence.

4. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I have a pair of floor panels from JC Whitney that I didn't end up using. They are for the for the foot board forward. They are not for the seating. That's why I didn't use them. Let me know if you want them. $60plus shipping. I paid $85 for them.
    Thanks,

5. mlb79

mlb79 Registered Member

I have been checking for those myself. I found a set at JC Whitney and you can set them over your existing floor, or in my case, existing lips where the floor used to be. The way the ad reads you can pop rivet them to the good sheet metal where they overlap. No welding!

Although, I have come to the conclusion that it is cheaper to buy a welder and learn how to weld than to try to deal with a body shop. At least this is the case in southern Indiana.

6. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Those are the ones that I have. I came up with the same conclusion as you did. A good friend of mine helped me with the welding and is teaching me at the same time...

7. nash69

nash69 Registered Member

LMC's front and rear cab section floors dont match up. I need to cut the piss outta them. Came out good though.