Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

floor fix

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 27, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

how do you fix the part in the floor that goes from the cab to the cargo area in a k5? were it kind of steps up...like the corners of mien are rotted through..and im not sure how to fix that.. and does any body know a good place to get sheet medal to patch this up with, instead of going out and buying a whoe new replacment floor..

Bryan

bryan

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I've got one of those side panels where the seat belt bolts in to if you want to buy it. I only have one side and its an original OEM piece in the box. Maybe you could make a template from it for the other side.

3. 19Jimmy87

19Jimmy87 Registered Member

What catalog did you order from to get that part by the seat belt? I just looked up a local body and frame shop and stopped in. The had all the sheet metal I needed.

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I ordered it through my local dealer. I shelled about $1,500 for all the parts I ordered last summer. I put in a new floor, tailgate, and patch some spots. I just made my own panels because I changed how the floor dropped and that one piece wouldn't fit. That and the other side is no longer available through GM.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i need the whole floor..and tailpan ..first i wanna do the back and tailpan first..i have a new tailgate all ready to go allready..then i wanan do the front..after i get it up and running then im goin to tear the seats and carpet and everything out and do the floor and i also wanna do body mounts under the floor to while im at it..i also want to do this as cheap as possible!

Bryan