Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

floor mounted e-brake....?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 2Dogs, Dec 17, 2002.

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hello All,
    Anyone running a floor mounted e-brake system?

I currently have no e-brakes but the caddy e-brake calipers. I have heard from the people here that those calipers do not work well with the stock foot pedal in the Blazer.

If you are running a floor mount e-brake does it offer more power (mechanical advantage, etc....)?

I am calling these guys tomorrow:
    http://www.lokar.com/ebrakes.html
    ( EHB-7000F )
    They have cut to fit cables which will help also. I am hoping that they have the housing retained on the lever end so I wont need to fabricate tabs on the diff or elsewhere.

I will ask them specifically about Caddy calipers and their lever-arms.

Anyone else have suggestions for floor mount setups?

And is there room on either side of the seat (and underneath)? The Lokar does not look big but until I get it in my hands it is hard to tell....

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Good idea with the cable brake and the custom length cables. You can also make a 1:2 lever between the stock ebrake and the cady calipers. This will result in twice as much cable movement at the caliper.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'm going to be putting a hand operated e-brake lever inmy truck to go with the High Angle driveline e-brake. I'll probably just go to the junkyard and yank the assembly out of an old Honda or something though. Probably will have to get a cable made for it. The Lokars look nice, but it looks like you need to cut a big hole in the floor for it, which I'd like to avoid.

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It looks like you need a slot for the handle to come up through.... Looks about 3-4" long by 1-2" to me. Or the handle comes off of the mounting bracket better still.

I need to call them.

How much was your DL e-brake? Eventually I will have one of those with the disk e-brakes. So one or the other will end up using the stock pedal.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I haven't bought the driveline e-brake yet, but they aren't cheap, it's going to run a bit over $700 from what I understand. </font color>