Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor pan cracks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sluggo45acp, Sep 15, 2001.

1. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

After pulling the carpit and cleaning the floor pan I found a row of spot welds running under the front passengers seat that have pulled thru (4) or cracked (2). Have I got a series proublem or could it be from flexing the body.
    Thanks
    Butch

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Just because im paranoid doesnt mean there not out to get me<font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

My projest truck has the same thing and it has never been off road yet. From what I can tell it is from the truck bouncing around and flexing the floor. If you notice there is really not a lot of support for the seat mounts. I would just weld the cracks together and use some 4"x4" plate under the seat mounts and then weld or bolt the plate to the floor. I will eventually re-weld everything and replace the sheetmetal in the area where the cracks are, then fab the seats into my rollcage. Later.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Like Yunit said this is fairly common even on my 90! Right now I have a street sign distributing the weight of my skinny ass across the floor. I will Eventually weld the cracks and then incorp a 1/8" strip about 2" wide for each side of the seat tehn weld them to the floor so that they overlap the underbody supports.

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>