Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor pan drain plugs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mastiff, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just spotted a couple drain plugs in the floor behind the front seats. Should I pop them out before I Line-X everything? Are there any more plugs? seems like there should be some around the driver and passengers feet area, but I can't spot any.

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Those two are the only ones. Im just going to plug them up with some fiberglass before I put my carpet back in.

3. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I popped mine out. I'll put the Line-X on and then decide what to do. At least I have the option this way. I have all the plugs out on the Jeep and it's never bothered me...

The foot area of the front seats, near the tranny hump, has two small indented places, like sort of oval shaped. Any idea what they are for? It's almost like an invitation to cut them out for extra drainage. I have no need to at this point, but just curious.