Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

floor reaplcement step 1 (pics)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Mar 31, 2006.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

since im waiting for a new tranny, i thought it would be a good time to get all the new floor panels i have in the garage welded into the blazer. i have a new tailpan, the 2 rear sections, rocker panels in and outer and innner fender wells.

ill also throw the ord 1" zero rates and the new poly body mounts in at this time.

i only have the front section done taked=n out so far. wanted to get some input on how bad you guys think it is,

where the seatbelts attatch, what is the best way to fix that? i hAVE A SHEET METAL SHOP DOWN THE BLOCK FROM ME FOR ANYTHING I MIGHT NEED.

in the third picture, thewre is a black wire that is cut. anyone know what it is? it runs to the back somewhere.

thanks

tom

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

doood, don't sweat it... We'll bang that out like nothing... I'm betting you got some rot under that carpet where it goes vertical up to the bed too.. they're notorious there because the wheels hammer that spot..

either way, no big, I've got scrap sheetmetal to cut up for any patches we need that you don't have in new sheetmetal... your gonna have to cover some supplies like weldthru primer, grinding discs, seam sealer, etc, but I can pick them up for ya...

I'm telling ya, the biggest issue will be whether the neighbors call the cops... hope you got some shooters muffs! it'll be devestatingly loud...

do you have the body mount kit? perfect time for it since we'll be doing the tailpan too...

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

yup. got everything. if you want , pick up anything we need and ill get you back, or tell me exactly what we need and ill grab it.

its not as bad as i thought it would be.

and all my neighbors speak spanish, so f em!!!

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ok, yeah, i need to stop there anyway... we'll plan on hacking it next weekend, definitely sunday, but i may be available sat too.. i'll talk to ya about it early in the week... i'll give ya a buzz one night after work...

5. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Junk it and buy a Jeep, all the cool people are doing it.:D

6. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

Never!~!!!!!!!!!:d

7. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

so anyone know what that wire is in the third picture that is cut? its black and has an inline fuse it looks like

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I think it's for the rear dome light, but I'm not positive...

9. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Can't see your picture but if it has an inline fuse, then it's probably something the p.o. installed.

Dome light wires are generally white and orange.

10. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

That is for the seatbelt engaged indicator.

11. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Yep, We have a winner !!!!

Mines just as bad if not worse than yours. Your rockers look like they need help to. I've been searching for that same seatbelt mounting spot, nobody makes it. I think it's just something that's got to be fabbed. Keep posting pics for us so we can learn more about bodywork.

12. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

will do. me and paul (ryoken) will start it next week. i just removed all the body mounts today so we can swap in the new poly ones and ord 1" lift while we are at it.

gonna hit the sheet metal shop fro some .16 gauge to replace where the seat belts go.

ill keep ya posted